Episode 74: What's In Our Bag: Purse Edition
This week's episode is another installment in the "what's in our bag" series because who isn't super curious about what other women carry in their purses? Much like Regina George's hair, purses can be full of secrets. This week we're spilling our secrets and hope you'll weigh in with yours after listening. Find us on Instagram or Facebook and let us know the weirdest thing you keep in your purse.
- A phone charger. With as much as I travel, I don't want to be unplugging my bedside phone charger every weekend just to realize once I'm already snug in bed that I forgot to plug it back in. Ain't nobody got time for that. Now I just keep a purse phone charger and a bedside phone charger. Problem solved.
- The Honest Co. hand sanitizer. While I am trying to go completely clean, I still indulge every now and then and this hand sanitizer is one of those indulgences. Especially as a teacher and a mama-to-be, you just never know when you'll need sanitation on the go.
- Medicine. You'll never catch me without some ibuprofen, Excedrin migraine, or MotionEaze in my purse because as much as I dread having a dead phone, I dread having a headache even more.
- Recent receipts. How am I supposed to know if that new throw pillow I picked up at Target is actually going to work in my living room? I don't. That's why I always keep my receipts in an easy to access spot in my wallet so I'm not the crazy lady in the customer service line rummaging through my purse yelling "I promise it was just in here!"
- Lipstick. Lipsticks don't live in my makeup bag, they live in the side pocket of my purse and I'm proud to report I have 15 and counting on me right now. Maybe this is why I feel like Meredith Blake on the hiking trip every time I pick up my purse- I'm slowly adding lipsticks one at a time.
- Tweezers. There is no better lighting than that which comes through your car windows (just ask KA's mom...) Gotta be ready to tweeze those brows any time, anywhere!
- Extra contacts. All you other contact wearers can back me up on this one. All it takes is one smudge that won't budge or one eye mishap and then you're blind the rest of the day. I've started carrying extra contacts with me at all times and now I never have to worry about spending the rest of my day in a foggy haze.
- Gum. Because who wants to have bad breath after morning coffee? Not me, that's for sure.
- We both agree that we absolutely, positively cannot leave the house without a drink of some sort. Whether it's coffee, a water bottle, a Yeti of water, a La Croix, a tea, WHATEVER, you'll never catch us leaving the house without a beverage in hand.