Episode 63: Raindrops On Roses: Spring Faves Round II
This week's episode is our first recurring episode! We're sharing our second installment of all the things we're loving this spring in an effort to usher in this new season and maybe give mother nature a wake up call that it IS indeed spring. You'll have to excuse the brevity of this episode, for reasons KB explains at the beginning of the show and you're bound to understand upon listening. Despite the length, we still believe this episode is jam packed with ideas to get you in the mood for spring.
- Cucumber + mint water. You know, like the kind you get at the spa that makes you feel super fancy and maybe a little like a healthy goddess after drinking it. Bring this feeling home with you by slicing up some cucumber and mint leaves and either diffusing it in a pitcher like this one or serving it in a drink dispenser like this one for a large group.
- OPI "Madam President" is the perfect red-ish pink color that looks great on any skin tone. For anyone who just wants to dip their toe into the bright colored waters (get it, dip your toe??) but isn't ready to take the plunge all the way, this color is for you.
- These pink mules from Target are a staple on my feet this spring. They instantly dress up any outfit while still feeling super comfortable, which is a win win situation in my book. Plus, they're under $25!
- Lemme tell you about this new Starbucks piña colada tea infusion drink. It might not actually be new, but it's new to me this spring. Black tea infused with pineapple + coconut milk gives this drink a creamy, piña colada feel and going a little lighter on the sweetener makes it HEAVENLY.
- Last year my favorite spring color combo was Kelly/emerald green + light pink. This year, I'm making a slight amendment. The color combo I'm obsessing over this year is dark green + light pink. Gimme an anorak jacket with the aforementioned pink mules, and I'm feeling super swanky these days.
- If you're looking to dress up an outfit a little more than mules allow, the Steve Madden Apolo Wedges from DSW are going to be your best friend. These will transition flawlessly from spring to summer, they're not too terribly tall, and from what we can tell, look pretty comfy to top it all off.
- It's not a seasonal favorites episode if I don't mention lipstick. My go-to combo this year starts with a layer of NYX Lip Lingerie in "Cabaret Show" then I add a layer of NYX Intense Butter Gloss in "Tres Leches." The butter gloss leaves your lips feeling more moisturized than the matte finish of the lip lingerie alone and it's seriously the most versatile shade ever. I swipe it on before work in the morning and it just as seamlessly transitioned into a rehearsal dinner look.
- The POPSUGAR "Spring Cleaning"playlist on Spotify is a great mix of oldies and newer songs to put a little pep in your spring cleaning step. Kick your family out of the house one Saturday this spring, get one of those piña colada teas from Starbucks, pull up our spring cleaning tips, and BLAST this playlist while you get to work on your house.