Episode 58: Love It Or Bucket List It: Our Plans To Capitalize On All Spring Has To Offer
Can you even believe it? Spring is in the process of springing. It's been raining cats and dogs. Daffodils and tulips have begun blooming. And that can only mean one thing- it's time for our next installment of seasonal bucket lists, spring edition. Tune in to hear what we have on the docket for this upcoming season to kickstart your own spring bucket list planning!
- Up first, I'm hoping to cross The Houston Rodeo off not only my spring bucket list, but my "You Ain't Met My Texas Yet" bucket list. I'm aiming to make Josh Abbott proud, as well as get plugged into my community, and the rodeo seems like a good way to achieve both.
- The first thing I'M going to do is perfect the home pedicure. I've got all the supplies and I have plans to fashion myself some pedicure socks so I can moisturize my feet while my toenails dry. First up on the color rotation: lilac.
- Celebrate with my friends. Lots of my friends are getting married or having babies over the next few months and with that comes lots of showers + bachelorette parties + festivities galore. Stay tuned for the many pictures I'm sure will be to come.
- Master the art of the floral arrangement. I usually just pick up a bouquet at the grocery store, but Brit + Co is offering a $9 online floral arrangement class and I am ON BOARD for that. What is more quintessentially spring than a floral arrangement on your dining room table?
- While KB is perfecting her floral arrangements, I'm going to be over just tryna care for my tulips. Apparently there's some prep work involved in caring for these little beauties (RIP to the ones who didn't make it) and I want to learn how to help live their best plant lives.
- As my mom continues her "make all the products clean" campaign, I, too, have started making some cleaner swaps in my own life. And keeping with the theme of spring cleaning, I'm dedicating my spring seasonal swaps to cleaner soaps. First up, I'm switching from seasonal hand soaps to Dr. Bronner's castile soap. Secondly, I'm looking into a clean laundry detergent brand and trading dryer sheets for wool dryer balls. Stay tuned for the detergent I decide on.
- Call me basic, I don't even care. I just want to enjoy as many patios as I can this spring before the heat and humidity threaten to drown me. Gimme a glass of rose, a charcuterie board, and some sunshine, and I am one happy girl.
- Sometimes things on your winter bucket list roll over to your spring bucket list...cleaning out my closet is one of those things. It's something that looms over my head and if I can't conquer it one day, I'm not likely to do it. But now that I've made this public declaration twice, I'm contractually bound to get it done this spring.