Episode 49: Habit Makers, Resolution Breakers: Taking 2018 Goals By Storm
The fact that January 1st falls on a Monday is cause for these OCD hearts to celebrate. To do so, we’ve dedicated the first episode of 2018 to the power of habit. We’re sharing the habits we’ve implemented in our lives that have made a positive impact, the habits we just can’t seem to kick, and the habits we aim to start this year. If you want to feel inspired to start instituting some effective habits in your own life, give the episode a listen and then sign up for the KK Habit Challenge for more tools for making sustainable change.
Habits We’ve Got On Lock Down.
- Breakfast eating
- Bed making
- Black coffee drinking
- Not looking at my phone first thing in the morning
- Morning Bible reading (here is the one year chronological Bible mentioned in the episode)
- Putting lipstick on before getting out of the car
- Starting coffee the night before
- Grocery planning/laundry Sunday
Habits We Hate.
- Jumping to the worst case scenario
- Nail biting
- Social media scrolling before bed
- Checking social media first thing in the morning (check out this episode of The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey for more about waking up for your life vs. waking up to your life)
- Overreacting in the heat of the moment (especially at work)
- Buying/wearing clothes without forethought (check out this episode of DAIS for more about personal style)
- Hitting snooze
Habits We Want to Implement.
- More Reading! 15+15/20 minutes at bedtime
- Daily 20-30 minute walk
- Hot lemon water
- Play defense on Friday night
- Bed making every morning
- Inviting people over
- Unplug at a certain time each night