Episode 47: Aud Lang Syne: 2017, A Year In Review
As we prepare to say goodbye to 2017 and welcome 2018, we thought it was only fitting to reflect on what the past year has brought us. From starting the podcast, to a big move, to the ups and downs of the first year of marriage, 2017 was jam packed full of takeaways. Our hope is that as we muse over what this past year has taught us, you begin to look back on what it has meant for you so that you can set your sights on the year ahead.
Biggest Podcast Moments of 2017
- The Kitschy Kountdown was born (hoorah!)
- We learned KB and Tom share a towel
- Favorite episode: Episode 5: Hostess With the Mostest
- Kitsch Picks became an integral part of each episode
- First seasonal favorites episode aired (praise hands)
- KA's favorite episode: Episode 17: You're Going To The Chapel, But You're Not Getting Married
- KB's favorite episode: Episode 8: Raindrops On Roses
- First guest appearance (shout out to Meagan Bertoni in episode 24: Love Yo'self Before You Wreck Yo'self)
- KA's favorite episode: Episode 26: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- KB's favorite episode: Episode 17: You're Going To The Chapel, But You're Not Getting Married (because one Kelsey's spring is another Kelsey's summer)
- Second guest appearance (we're lookin at you, Corinne Sandifer in episode 41: I'm A Hustler, Baby)
- Mutual favorite episode: Episode 39: Table Staples
Biggest Personal Moments of 2017
- KA- launched KK, felt the stirring that a move may be in the not so distant future.
- KB- realized that podcasting is WORK, ya'll.
- KA- moved to Houston and learned that moving is hard no matter the distance or circumstances and learned to embrace the transient times of life even when it's hard.
- KB- entered into a restful season as the school year died down and summer began and enjoyed the downtime.
- KA- Hurricane Harvey hit Houston and was a defining moment in feeling a part of the Houston community.
- KB- started working out in a new, more meaningful way and learned how strong the human body is and that your body can change in positive ways without losing a single pound.
- KA- realized how enjoyable the whole process of podcasting is, even when it feels daunting and tapped into new personality traits that hadn't emerged before (who is this motivated, enthusiastic person in the mirror??)
- KB- learned more about marriage and what is the purpose of a wife and how does that play out in a real, applicable way.
Subscribe to the show or leave us a review here
Subscribe to our newsletter here
Follow us here
Contact us with questions, comments, or ideas email@example.com